Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hello? Is anyone there?

It's been wild.. it's been crazy and I'm internally and externally (What?) for not keeping up with this blog, which is my rightful duty as a blogger.

I've failed you.

But I'm only one woman and this one woman has had a lot on her plate.

We've been busy with Dad home and gone. And we're adjusting to civilian life quite fine. Actually I'm probably having more of an adjustment then Hubby. I'm having to learn all these new civilian terms that have me for a loop. For the last 30+ years I've been use to hearing acronyms (military's short use of words) and all sorts of stuff that I'll never remember. 

Daughter #1 is doing great health wise... Nashville is known for Music and Medicine and being here has been a true blessing. I have so many blogs about what she's been up to, that it would take me a whole month of blogging each day to fill you in on her life. Lot's of Tea Parties, English Country Dancing, Baking, Traveling and Pen paling. She truly is the most interesting gal I know.

Daughter #2 is busy as well. She's been substituting at a local pre-school and at present is being called a Nandrea (Nanny + Andrea) for a family of 6 who she's been in charge of for a week while their Mom and Dad are gone. She's also busy with piano students. And has found a new love... called Kung Fu.... which her Dad is thrilled about.

I've been busy, which everyone else in the world is too! But I'm not a multi-tasker and so explains my dilemma with life in general. For example: I recently locked myself out of the house while still wearing my nightgown and robe in 30' weather. The cat and I found protection in my truck, which I was shocked to find unlocked. I refused to go to the neighbors for help, due to my condition. So I waited on the girls to return home from their outing. I started to get colder and envisioned my girls finding me in the hay, frozen in my red robe. But quickly removed those thoughts when the delivery truck pulled up my driveway. 

I was desperate and so I headed for his truck with my just got out of bed hair and Daughter #1 slippers that didn't fit on my feet. 

He looked startled.

I was scared too.

But I was cold.

So, I started to talk to him and tell him my dilemma... all the time acting like there was nothing wrong with my appearance.  

He didn't have a cell phone, so I could call my girls for help.

My heart sank as I headed back to the truck.

But then he did what all good Tennessean men are excellent at. He found a way into my house with his pocket knife. 

In 2 seconds flat... I was released from my captivity.


I told him I loved him.

He laughed. 

As he headed back to his truck, Dutch decided he didn't like the nice man and wanted to eat him. I then proceeded to whip the very box the delivery man gave me...at Dutch. Out of pure angry resentment for my dogs behavior. 

I suddenly realized I had just hit an all-time low in my life.

Thank goodness it was only in the company of one dog, one cat and a scared delivery man.

Thank God for Men with pocket knifes,
Java Girl





No comments:

Post a Comment