Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Contemplation of CPR

Last night something happened and I didn't know what to do. Sunny, our beloved orange one year old cat was having a hard time breathing.. he had been outside and the leaf mold is high and he obviously is allergic. We gave him a human Zrytec and sent him on his way. But later when Daughter #2 and I were having our evening chat... we heard Sunny wheezing. In fact the wheezing was so bad that when we got to him, I knew we had to do something fast. 

Suddenly the thought went through my head on how to give a cat CPR. No really, I know you're laughing right now... but it's true. And then I tried to imagine how I would place my mouth over the cats to resuscitate him. Stop laughing. And I freaked myself out! Then suddenly I remembered that I have asthma and when I can't breath well, I go use my breathing machine/nebulizer and after about 10 minutes, I'm fit as a fiddle. 

So, I told Daughter #2 to wrap Sunny in a towel and bring him to my room so that I could give him a treatment. She did, and after about 1 minute, he looked better. He was breathing in the medicine while I held it in his vicinity and he seemed happy and relieved as time went on. He then jumped down and seemed his own self and started playing with the other cat Zorro.

Amazing.
Actually, amazing and risky is what I really think. Because in emergencies I've been known to use unconventional means to help the creature or person out of trouble.  

In fact once I saved our other cat from Anema. He had it so bad his skin was so yellow that I was sure he was getting ready to check out (if you know what I mean). But I ran to my home remedies book and it told me to take pumpkin seeds and oregano and make a tea. Gave it to the cat several times the first day... and in three days he was completely better.  

Do I have the gift of healing?

No, I don't think so.

Do I have the gift of healing for animals?

No, I dont think so. But I do have the guts to try anything to stop us from having to pay a big vet bill.

That's when I get brave.

Missed my call as a medicine woman,
Java Girl





No comments:

Post a Comment