Friday, October 12, 2012

Angler's Hearth Bed and Breakfast

There's a wonderful place tucked in Navajo Dam, New Mexico that has special meaning for me. It's where my Aunt Joyce and Uncle Jay have decided to settle after retirement. And because they were never the type to become hermits. They decided to build this home with a wing to accommodate Bed and Breakfast guests.
This is what you see when you first arrive and you can be sure that your name will be on the sign by the front door welcoming you.

 This is the view from the porch which presents to you... the San Juan River.
We decided the following day to take a little road trip around. Uncle Jay drove and I saw a glimmer in his eye when we drove off the beaten path and he had to shift the truck into four-wheel drive! The beauty is breath-taking and with fall arriving and how the rockiness of the terrain complimented each other so greatly.

 I don't know why but when I looked at this rock formation, it reminded me of a mouth. Definitely with a overbite.
Hubby on the other hand ran over and said that there was a Indian in there and if hubby wanted directions it would cost him $3.00.
Just kidding.
I think?

This is a near by lake and for the life of me, I can't remember the name. But it's beautiful and far off in the distance are house boats that are owned and that you can rent.

Aunt Joyce, can you send me that name of this lake and how big it is again?
This is to the left of the lake... it's the Navajo Dam and the San Juan River. 

What a view!! 

Not to mention the fact the Uncle Jay whipped us around to park and it felt like a roller coaster ride and that we were going to fly off into the lake. But again, there was a glimmer in his eye and I had a feeling that was planned.
Again, the lake, Navajo Dam and San Juan River.
Here we are actually getting a picture taken together. This is a miracle, because we usually not together or we are taking other peoples pictures and never remember ourselves.

This poor fellow has no idea that Hubby is lurking in the bushes and taking his picture while he's fly fishing. 
Hubby is freaky that way.

Here we are doing what we do best.
Talking.
You may notice that my Aunt has an iPad on her lap. And let me tell you, she can get around on that device like it's nobody's business. Seriously, she is not to be reckoned with.


 Check them out at www.anglershearth.com

You too can have this experience and enjoy the fresh air and beautiful outdoors. As Aunt Joyce said to me, We are a destination Bed and Breakfast. So whether you fishing or wanting to relax this would be the spot. 
Oh and one more thing... the food is amazing. I've never had a slightly mediocre meal at their home. 
The next day, Hubby and I had to leave to finish our road trip home and I was longing to be back there, I missed everyone and the warm fun, food and family.
Until next time,
Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment