Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Just Need to Share

As many of you know... my oldest daughter is receiving treatment for Lyme Disease. It's been a little over a month and the treatment is hard... really hard. Yesterday was one of those unusually heavy day's when I couldn't fix her state. 

And it made me think of Job and all that he went through.

On top of that I have a dear friend who has suffered for many years of neck and back problems. And as I type this, she has just been wheeled into surgery for her neck.

Why do these things have to happen while we are on earth. And why do I see God's people suffer the most.

Easy.

Well all I know is what God tells me in His word. That everything He allows has a reason and purpose behind it. 

His ways are not our ways.

But then, if we can't sit across from God and ask Him.. Why? Which is what I've always wanted like many Christians want. To just have a person to God talk. 

I get overcome by all the stimulation around us. Cell phone, cats wanting out, neighbor coming up the drive and in all that I still need to fight for that time with Him. I often feel that Satan's distractions are the strongest when I am my weakest.

But today I sat down for my morning devotions and was taken back that my mighty God can break through all those distractions and still not be angry with me because I can't.

So with my daughter and my friend today, that's all that's on my mind... healing, health, newness of life, prospering...

And the scripture that went to my devotion today was:
Psalms 42:7-11
Deep Calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me. 8 Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, 9 I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? 10 As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God? 11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

And I stand amazed that God can still orchestrate that my devotion and scripture for today, is exactly what I need for August 8, 2012. 365 devotions and the one I read is the one I need for the day.

Who says God doesn't still come and sit and talk with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment