Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Our Life In Fast Motion

Today's blog is in no particular order... just stuff that's been going on in our lives. Dad is home so we are extra busy.

Daughter #2 Photography... these are straight shoot with no editing. I'm jealous that I can't take pictures like her, but don't tell her.
 This photo is my favorite of the week.
 The girls went strawberry picking with friends...
I just realized that all our pictures of this gal are of picking something (cherries, blueberries, strawberries) and she's always smiling!

 This gal is the fastest picker this side of the equator.
 No, really. I'm serious... she's not to be reckoned with.
 Yum one hundred times over....
 The slowest picker this side of the equator... she'd rather eat than pick. Good thing they didn't weigh her before and after entering the patch!
 Horse expression of the month.
 My little guinea babies... I mean chicks.
 Tea Party after strawberry picking. Home girl was honored with the strawberry tea cup, for her picking abilities that range in the Olympic category.
 They only saved me one chocolate covered strawberry. And the song that comes to mind..Count your many blessings name them one by one. Oh, never mind, I'm known for breaking out in song.

The truth is that I think I stopped counting my consumption rate at around twenty two.
 Tea (berry green, monkey picked oolong, green punch rooibos and chocolate rose), friends, apple crisp and chocolate covered strawberries.

Life doesn't get any better than this.
 Our mobile veterinarian came out to give every critter their yearly shots. This knuckle head decided that he didn't want anyone touching him. So Daddy put him in a choke hold and it took three others to hold him still. 

Dad is known for putting anything that doesn't cooperate around here, in a choke hold. Just count this as far warning, if you come to visit and you get a little cranky.
 Daughter #2's Strawberry Crisp. We've made about three batches and I'm forever in her debt (as in weight debt).
 This little evil reptile was found on my porch. And I just think snakes are from satan. 
 My precious little guinea's.
 They're getting bigger and bigger... at 2 1/2 weeks.
 I've had to doctor some with agave nectar and vitamin water feedings... you can see the size difference. One of them was dying and I asked Daddy to feed him the dropper of water... dare I say, he gave too much (I thought) and now I'm happy to report that he's as able bodied as the other guinea's. I've now proclaimed that Daddy has the gift of healing... but we are still working on his Mercy. I guess it goes with the job.
 Here's the one who was resurrected.
These two pudding pops are coming this summer. I love these two little squirts. Plus I use them for hard labor when they stay.
 If someone had told me that this year I would be building a guinea hen pen and that I would have to lay posts and pour concrete.. I would have said, You've got to be kidding me

Well here's the pic to prove it.
 D#2 Photography.
Gotta Go,
Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment