Sunday, March 25, 2012

What NOT to do in the Barnyard

 I took a trip.
It was a quick trip, but nonetheless a trip.

This trip took place in the barnyard.

This trip was scary, fast and intense. Kinda like a roller coaster ride without the safety gear.

It all happen last evening when we were having company over and I did what we call around here as a "Quick Feed". This means that we dump everything over the fence and let the horses have at it. So I just wore my flip flops down to the barn thinking I wouldn't have to step in the barnyard.

Except for one thing.

I noticed that the horses needed water.

So I got the water hose and with the water pressure at about 220psi. The hose got away from me like some wild snake. 

By the time I caught it, the area around the water tank was really wet. 

So as I headed back to the barn dragging the hose.... I was having a conversation to myself... that I shouldn't have wore flip flops down to the barn.

And that's when it happened. 

I started sliding out of control and I felt that muscles where being used that hadn't been used in about 30 years.

And I kept sliding, until I ran into the barn door. 

I then looked around to see if anyone saw me and was relieved when only 3 equines were staring at me. But then they kept on staring. Then to my relief they started to eat their hay again. 

I'm so glad that horses can't talk,
Java Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment