Friday, January 6, 2012

Ramblings From My Desk

With the Holidays behind us... I usually get a little sad watching all the Christmas lights being placed in the rubber container. But this year I did something different. I only put away 2/3 of the decorations. I left some lights up in my house and it makes for such a warm cozy feeling in the evening with the candles lit and the fire going. Lights especially help with the dark winter days, but I haven't had any of those, it's been warm and sunny a lot. 
 Did I mention that Pigeon Forge has a WinterFest and we went this year. The lights were amazing... and we went to Dollywood and boy does she know how the put up the lights. 
Any who.... now is the time when I sit down and really digest the Christmas letters we received. I didn't get as many letters this year and I guess we can blame it on the economy. I somethings think we are getting too far from social interaction and real correspondence. Maybe I'm old fashion but this family has been known to drive 3 hrs to have lunch with friends and family. Talking, laughing, reminiscing and great food.... my Aunt Joyce says there's nothing better and she's right!

Now also is a time when I look at the coming year and scheduling events that we're looking forward too. As I'm getting older, I'm realizing that time has started to speed up too fast. Our daughters are in their twenties and I have some permanent wrinkles. Oh well... the Bible says that beauty is fleeting, but some of the most beautiful women I know are over 80, it's all how you look at it. 

I hope that as you wind down and reflect... that you feel Christ closer than ever and feel a renewed feeling of hope and love.

Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment