Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Guess It's Squirrel Killing Season




This is the victim. Well not the actual victim, I found this picture on the internet when I googled squirrel pictures. I only show carcasses of animals if they exit this world with a smile on their face, like my Sea Otter blog.... called Beach Combing.
This is the hunter... our little Walmart special kitten.

And so for the story... you've heard about Zorro and how brilliant he is, but one element of his personality is that he's fearless. I don't know where this important character trait came from, but from what I can tell, he's never really been a victim. Hence, the confidence factor.

So the other morning, Daughter #1 went to let Zorro in and next to him was a dead squirrel. Zorro was being scolded by Daughter #1 and when she tried to get Zorro to leave the carcass, the possessiveness of a new kill had taken him over. So Daughter #1 removed Zorro from the crime scene and then went on to clean up squirrel. When Zorro returned, he was mad, I mean really mad that his trophy kill was gone.


So then this knuckle head decided that he didn't want no Walmart kitten showing him up and he went and killed himself a squirrel. And then laided near it all possessive like. I walked out and scolded him.
And he looked at me like this..

And then he looked at me like this...
And so I explained to him that I understood how the squirrels tease him from the trees and play chase games that drive him and Snoop nuts. Literally. But that was no cause to start a killing season here on the farm.
I don't think he understood my point.
I don't think he ever understands my point.
Who would have ever thought that my little life out here in the country would be so eventful.
Have a great day,
Java Girl

1 comment:

  1. We know what you mean here on our end ....Dead squirrels are showing up here as well !!

    ReplyDelete