Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Besto Pesto Recipe Around


I've always loved Pesto and found that in the stores it was just too expensive to buy... so I started making my own. This is a dairy free version so if you want to add a half cup of Parmesan cheese at the end.... please be my guest.


Pesto
3 large bunches of Basil leaves (washed)
1/4 cup Pine Nuts
2 cloves Garlic 
1 tsp. Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
3/4 cup Olive Oil

Now this parts easy. Throw all the ingredients into the food processor and let er rip. If the mixture looks to pasty just add more olive oil. And again... if you want to add parmesan cheese I would add that in at the end. Place in a glass container and it lasts for 2 months. 

I love to make Pesto Chicken where I saute chicken, add Pesto then serve over noodles.

Bon Apetit,
Java Girl

1 comment:

  1. looks yummy ..... makes me wanna try it tomorrow

    ReplyDelete