Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Endurance For Caroling..


Last night our church went Caroling... we visited the shut-ins that belong to our church. It was so fun because we all loaded in the van and headed out, with the Pastor driving.

Now if you're like me and you are new at the church... one thing you absolutely have to do is something outside of church to really get to know the people. And last night I never laughed so much!! My face hurt from all the jokes, puns and just making fun of each other.. all in the realm of Christian fun and endearment.

Here are some of the things that happen...

1) One of the boys in the van confessed his affection for my oldest daughter... out loud for all the world to hear.

2) A lady in the back seat wrote Help Me on the fogged up window. She was accused of doing that before, because she wrote backwards and very clearly. Extreme laughter followed.

3) My youngest daughter confessed that she'd never been in so much trouble until she got Dutch our crazy dog from pound.

4) Random caroling broke out in the van.

5) Getting in and out of the van is really hard work... and so I suggested Drive By Caroling next year to save some time.

6) I was so exhausted that I couldn't believe these people could go to five homes, when we only stopped at three. I realized that I needed to start training for Caroling in September.

7) I suggested that the Pastor was speeding and then several people in that van admitted to it also.... one lady said tried to read a sign and she couldn't finish and then one man piped in and said, "And she's even a speed reader!".

8) The Pastor slowed down and then took us through the worst part of town.

Boy these country folk know how to have fun and then we ended the evening with a Christmas Party!

Merry Christmas,
Java Girl


2 comments:

  1. IT IS WONDERFUL TO SING FOR THE LORD AND ITS EVEN MORE WONDERFUL WHEN WE HAVE AN AUDIENCE ISN'T IT ......MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS !!

    ReplyDelete