Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kiele's First Trail Ride

If you've been following my blog for at least 6 months.... you have certainly heard about the three wild mustangs that we adopted. Then how they went to my Amish friend for breaking. I ended up selling one of the mustangs to my Amish friend Levi and I received Kiele back at the end of August. I've been working with him in the round pen and getting more comfortable being ridden. And I finally saw him turn a corner about 3 1/2 weeks ago. He just became calmer and seemed to trust me whenever I asked him to do something.

Well with all that said... I decided it was time for his first trail ride. Here we are after the ride, standing next to the Duck River that runs through our area. It was the most amazing time and he couldn't had done better.

I'm certainly no expert with horses, but I do think I have a little horse sense. So with living in horse country and having all these wonderful trails to travel on.... I feel I have arrived at a point in my life where I've never been in my whole life... Contentment, that's the only way to describe it.

Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment