Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cracker Barrel Cowboy


Last Sunday after church we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. We women in this family love it for it's food but especially because we can shop too!

So while I got ready to pay my check and head home, my daughter and her best friend who is visiting from California decided to play checkers on the front porch while they waited for me.

Well that's when it happened. My 18 year old daughter explained it like this... Mom! I saw this cowboy walk up to me and Christine while we were playing checkers... he was so beautiful that I couldn't look at him. He just stood there and looked at me. I said "Oh really...." And one other thing Mom.... his shirt was so white and it fit him so perfect that I think God sewed it himself. And then as fast as he appeared he then disappeared.

Now if any of you know my Daughter #2.... she has a dry sense of humor and she has a way of putting words together that make her describing things even more funny. But what also strikes me as funny with this story is that her Dad is her world... in her eyes there is nobody stronger, smarter, clever or Godly. And so she measures men by this scale, which is very hard to obtain. And also she's Homeschooled which puts her into another category.... she's not aggressive with the opposite sex.

So now the Cracker Barrel Cowboy lives in our memories and if he is really real... we believe she might have a chance to meet him again because this is Cowboy country mind you.

Oh the drama around here,
Java Girl

1 comment: