Saturday, September 11, 2010

Big Faker

Kiele's hiding his head here because he's embarrassed, read on to find out why.


As if I didn't have enough to do around here.... my horse Kiele came home from my friend Levi's who is Amish. As Kiele adjusted to being with Celeste our pushy filly... I noticed that each day he kept slowing down. And then one day it looked as though he was lame and the next day even proved it more!

So I did what any responsible horse owner would do... I called the Mobile Vet.

This 5'2" ball of fire arrived at my farm and took a good look at my Kiele and said straight out,"He's a faker." I looked at him and asked, "Well why did he lay down when my daughter was riding him?" The Vet said, "Because he's a faker." I started to laugh because I actually thought he was joking. "Are you serious?" I asked the Vet. And he said dead serious.... "I'd write you a prescription for spurs but you don't need it, you can just buy them yourself!"

I thought for a moment... You lying little faker Kiele, how am I going to make you work off this one. Maybe I'll take the charge for the Vet coming out and take it out of your oats. Or even better... I'll run your little hiney in the round pen until I feel you've paid it off.

Anywho, that's how my Friday worked out. And when a friend came by, she told me a story about when her horse didn't want to do something... he'd limp.

Forever learning,
Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment