Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Home Girl

First off, I apologize profusely for not blogging like I should.... and second, I have a great excuse.

My excuse is Home Girl aka my Sister-in-Law. She came down with her kiddo's and we had a riot. At least I did, I don't know about her.

What Home Girl means to me...

1. We're very compatible ex. I cook and she cleans up.
2. We have the same sense of humor when it comes to animals.
3. We're married to brothers.
4. They're both in the military.
5. She is the best decorator I know... because she redecorated my house while she was here.
6. We didn't spend over $300.00.
7. She brought fresh produce and she taught me how to make the most amazing pasta sauce. Amen.
8. We watched a movie almost every night.
9. We went antiquing.
10. We ate well.
11. She's funny.
12. She's thoughtful.
13. We ate well.
14. Our kids love to be together even though there's a huge age difference.
15. Her Kiddo's forgot their skooters... so I'm now having fun riding them around the farm.
16. She's realistic.
17. I love her to death!
18. She invests in my children and makes them feel special.
And when my nephew was bad... we'd put him in a box and walk away. Just kidding... he's perfect.

These two were inseparable and there were tears after they parted.

We visited James Polk the eleventh president's home.

What can I say... but that the time went by too quick and the memory's now run deep. And I now relish the time with family, being that we've always lived too far from them and now can enjoy the quick 10 hour drive.

Until Tomorrow,
Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment