Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Garden My Failure

Below are horrible pictures of my garden.... I have many excuses for it looking this way, but you probably don't want to hear them.

My Brother in law told me to just plow the thing under and to tell you the truth I would have to agree. I did get four cucumbers and I'm hopeful for my potatoes and tomatoes.


This is a scary pricker bush, yes bush.

I do believe I am very successful at growing weeds... yes, I'm choosing to look at the bright side.

And the black weed eating tarp didn't help anything... it actually caused a green house effect... that actually helped the weeds grow.

I do believe that some of the weeds will need to be cut down with a chain saw before we try to plow it this fall.

My friend Chris told my husband that some of the weeds looked scary.

But one bright glimmer of hope is this little pumpkin who I'm protecting in hopes of showing my sweet husband when he gets home.

And as far as taking advise from my family to stop trying to grow things... I will continue to ignore them and continue to believe that I can have a great garden.

Until Next Year's Growing Season,
Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment