Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Excuse Me.... Can I Have Your Attention!

Yesterday was a busy day at our farm... I hired a wonderful young man to bale our hay. And as the day progressed we enjoyed watching the process from raking to baling. The horses about went crazy because they wanted the hay so bad.... and the torture of it being just on the other side of the fence was almost too much for them.

Here's Dan baling away, what a hard working young man.... I was so impressed with his work ethic. He didn't stop until it was time to load it in the barn..... and then he finally had some ice tea and cookies and sat on the porch to talk. Mean while the Sheriff (my new best friend) who is a very busy man, came by for a visit too.... and that's why I love it here, people love to stop by and sit a spell.

Then suddenly while we were eating dinner... Dan called me from my hay loft and said, "Do you mind if I kill this snake that's in your old hay!!" My answer was, "You absolutely, positively have my permission to kill any varmit that crosses your path!!"

Here's the remains.... he was huge and about 4 feet long!!!!!!!!


Yes, he received the death sentence of being beheaded and I just cringe when I think about all the little kids who have climbed around that hay in my barn loft. Thank you Jesus for keeping them safe.

When asked if she would remove the carcass..... I received this response. Doesn't she remember that I carried her for almost 10 months and then when she did arrive she was almost 11 pounds and was asking for solid food. And this is the gratitude I get.

Until Tomorrow,
Java Girl

1 comment:

  1. UP HERE IN THE NORTHEASTERN PART OF PENNSYLVANIA EVERY JUNE WE HAVE WHAT IS CALLED THE RATTLESNACK ROUNDUP ...... OUR LOCAL FIREDEPT. IN NOXEN ,PA. HOSTS THE EVENT TO SEE WHO CAN GATHER THE LONGEST LARGEST RATTLER .....YOU CAN SEE PICTURES OF IT BY GOING TO NOXEN RATTLESNACK ROUNDUP ON GOOGLE ......YOUR DAUGHTERS PICTURES ARE REALLY PRETTY .....HOPE YOU ARE HEALING WELL !!

    ReplyDelete