Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What Was I Thinking

After a quick visit from my Mother-in-Law recently.... she laughingly reminded me of an event from my past that I completely forgot about, actually, I probably blocked it from my mind. And because I'm not afraid to share all my dirty laundry with all of you, I thought I'd share this piece of history that will be no value to you for the future unless you're eight months pregnant, own one car that is only a two seater and have a Brother-in-Law visiting.

Yes, I was eight months pregnant and my Brother-in-Law was visiting and my husband got a great idea to drive up to Universal Studios in LA and I insisted on going too. But you see, I don't really believe I was part of the plan, because when two brothers get together and one is married, they usually don't involve the spouse. So as we loaded up in my Ford EXP (which again only had two seats). And it was decided that I would have to go in the back and in order to go in the back, you have to lay down. So I did. I can't believe I did, but I did. I laid on my side, my back, on my other side and on top of all the uncomfortableness, their was no air conditioning and it was July in California... need I say more. As I watched my spouse and brother-in-law happily enjoy their hour and a half ride and while I just wanted to die. Hot, sticky and pregnant don't do well with me.

But I felt like I had to keep up with these guys and I did, swollen ankles and too many potty breaks later. And as I'm thinking about this, I believe there is a picture somewhere in our photo albums that has me in the Gorilla Cage with my belly sticking out between the bent bars.... I go see if I can find it and post it later today.

I also have another story about these two eating Ramen noodles with appetizer forks because there were no clean dishes.... but I'll save that story for another time.

Here's wishing you a happy Tuesday,
Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment