Sunday, March 28, 2010

Unknown Patriots

I received an email from a fellow military sister today who was concerned about her husband and that he hadn't called in awhile and that was unlike him.... and she was fearful and worried.

A lot of people don't know what it's like to be a military spouse or child. The pressure at times can be more than one person should have to deal with, but unless you have a helpful support group surrounding you, the weigh can at times be more than one can bear. All carry jobs whether it's at home or in the work place, deal with births alone, caring for the kids, raising the kids, keeping bills, running the house with all it's maintenance issues and some even have disabled children or elderly parents to take care of. I call these women and sometimes men... Unknown Patriots.

Unknown Patriots are willing to go against the grain... they're willing to give up precious time with there spouse for a bigger cause. Their willing to risk their marriage, seeing their children grow up without the other parent, whether we are at war or not. Because we certainly don't do it for the pay, that's for sure!

Unknown Patriots are usually never really noticed unless there is a death and even then it's usually short lived. They are use to updating their wills frequently and really have to consider who their children will go to if something would happen to Mom and Dad... and believe me, it's happened. There use to having their significant other not there to help them make decisions and often times receive ridicule and judgement from others. I know I've been at the receiving end.

Many people in passing have said to me that they hope the war ends soon so there won't be any more fighting. I usually just listen and don't reply... but the truth is, we don't want the war to end until there is no threat to us as a nation. And believe me, the reason we're fighting over there is so that we can keep those knuckleheads busy on their own turf and they are not over here. Believe me when I say that they are a threat and we need remember that. They want to destroy us as a nation, they want to take over and they're willing to wait along time for it to happen.

I personally sit here today with a boat load of concerns... I had a huge water leak in my kitchen and then found out that there was old mold growing under the flooring that my daughter is extremely allergic too. I'm now living in a camper in my driveway until it can be fixed. I also have an old softball injury that has reared it's ugly head and I have to wear a walking cast for two more weeks until surgery. So to put it lightly... I'm a bit overwhelmed. But we keep moving forward. I keep moving forward for my girls to see... for my husband, for others around me to see. And then I thank God that He's sent such caring friends that can help me while I go through it, who don't judge me and don't have some agenda. They just love us for us.

So today as I've written a more serious blog entry, I wish for you to read Psalm 91 which keeps me going and makes me feel strong no matter what comes my way. And I pray it on my husbands behalf.
Psalm 91
  • 1.
  • He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
  • 2.
  • I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
  • 3.
  • Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
  • 4.
  • He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
  • 5.
  • You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
  • 6.
  • nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
  • 7.
  • A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
  • 8.
  • You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
  • 9.
  • If you make the Most High your dwelling-- even the Lord, who is my refuge--
  • 10.
  • then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
  • 11.
  • For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
  • 12.
  • they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
  • 13.
  • You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
  • 14.
  • "Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
  • 15.
  • He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
  • 16.
  • With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Until Tomorrow,
Java Girl

1 comment:

  1. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THE TROUBLES IN YOUR LIFE RIGHT NOW ......I'LL LIFT YOU UP TO THE LORD IN PRAYER ......YOU ARE SO ACCURATE WHEN YOU SPEAK OF HOW NECESSARY IT IS TO CONTINUE FIGHTING THIS BATLLE UNTIL IT IS COMPLETE .... MOST PEOPLE DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR KNOW THE REPERCUSSIONS OF LEAVING THIS JOB UNFINISHED !!WE PRAY FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL OUR SOLDIERS AS WE OURSELVES PERSONALLY KNOW A FEW SOLDIERS WHO ARE STILL FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT !.....I LOVE THE PSALM YOU POSTED ..... SO FITTING ..... WELL I PRAY YOUR DAYS GET EASIER AS TIME GOES ON AND I PRAY YOUR MOLD SITUATION IS FIXED SOON !! SUMMER : )

    ReplyDelete