Monday, March 15, 2010

Niagara Falls in My Kitchen - Part 2

So after Mom and Leroy arrive and we have coffee, they decide they want to go out for lunch. So I get ready and walk out and my Mother-in-law says, "There you are." So I fully know that I did look as bad as I thought when they arrived.

We eat and drive home and it wasn't two minutes and my kitchen island started exploding with water and it is pouring out everywhere and even shooting through the wooden boards around the island!!! Mom, Leroy and my daughters are running around like chickens with our heads cut off and water is truly spraying and pouring out onto our oak floors. I kicking myself internally for not having hubby show me the water cut off to the house. Finally after about 5 minutes... Leroy braves the flood under the sink and dives in... he finds the shut off valve and turns it off. Water everywhere and every towel in the house now laying on my floors, watering pouring into the dinning and living room and also under my stove and refrigerator. And me cursing the day that the previous owners installed wood flooring in an area that gets wet!!!

Then two of my neighbors who I called arrived on my front door step and one is handy with a wrench to shut off the water which is at the end of the driveway and another friend who is master of all trades. Now these guy's are from the south... as in I don't much like northerns and my dear Father-in-law starts ranting about why the state of Tennessee doesn't have a shut off valve right outside. My neighbors just look at him and I start to die inside, because these are men that I may need to call on again and I don't need a revival of North meets South, if you know what I mean. So it's at this very moment that I have this uncontrollable urge to start laughing.... It was so stinkin funny that I had to run outside and start laughing. I felt like I just stepped into the worst Twilight Zone episode ever, Amen.

So I've learned as a military wife that I'm so grateful for a new day... because I'm waiting for the Water Damage Cleanup Team to show up any minute and give me a verdict. If we have to get rid of the flooring, I'm absolutely positively NOT putting in wood floors.

Hubby, are you out there? Are you reading this? I have to admit that all the years we've been married and all the maintenance issues that I've weathered alone... I just want to assure you that if I was going to leave you.... it probably would be now. But don't worry, what saved you is that you bought me my Dream House.

And let's talk about that paycheck I don't get,
Java Girl

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nancy!! That is how our kitchen redo started but ours was a slow leak!! Hope you are able to get things under control soon. Let me know if there is anything I can do! Ruth McIver (PS-I picked "anonymous" as I did not know what to pick!! I need lessons!:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR BLOG IS SUCH A JOY TO READ .... MAY I ENCOURAGE YOU TO CONTINUE POSTING DAILY !!

    ReplyDelete