Thursday, March 18, 2010

Say Hello To My Little Friend

About a month ago I took our family on a mystery trip and we ended up at the shelter. Dad thought we were going out to eat.... but he was wrong. And the animal lover in him said "Yes" to this Heeler/Something and another mix. We named him Dutch.


This is a rare moment in his life... but when it happens we try to take a picture

This picture perfectly reflects his attitude pretty much all the time...

Here Daughter #2 tries to have some playful banter... but it's usually short lived and she gets traumatized one way or another.


Shortly after this shot... he went over and drank her ice tea, just for spite.

But occasionally Dutch will hold still for two seconds, for a great shot.

Now this is a whole other story, how Dutch helped Snoop get through some serious paranoia issues. Especially the one don't touch me... you freak me out issue. Below is Snoop going through treatment. jk They're just playing here.

And all of Dutchy Boy's craziness has brought Snoop to a point of being a pretty balanced dog. He actually initiates the playing and now when Dutch bites him on his back legs he just sits on Dutch's head instead of having a panic attack.

Remember to scratch you dog behind his ears for me...

Love,
Java Girl




2 comments:

  1. I MUST SAY THAT THE PUP IS A REAL BEAUTY .... LOOKS LIKE A HEELER / SHEPARD / EVEN BERANESE MT DOG MIX...... MY DAUGHTER IS A BREEDER OF AUSTARLIAN CATTLE DOGS HERE IN PENNSYLVANIA ....I WISH YOU LUCK WITH THE LIL' RASCAL !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Summer! I just looked out the window and Dutch is playing with a dead mole.

    I'm so happy you enjoy my blog,
    God Bless you

    ReplyDelete