Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Heavy Heart

My heart is so heavy today.... I received a call last night from my husband that one of his co-worker's 5 month old son, died yesterday. This family was just getting ready to send their Dad off for a Deployment overseas.

I kept waking up in the night... thinking about the Mom. I wondered what she's doing, how is she feeling, is her faith sustaining her... or does she feel out of control, helpless, or in some strange way being punished for a wrong she committed. I felt like I was with her in some sort of strange way, even though we're about 1000 miles away from each other and I don't even really know her (I just met her once).

My prayers for her are not to second guess herself and to remember that even though she won't be looking into her little guys eyes here on earth... that he is where he's always needed to be, Heaven. I'm sure if he could comfort his parents and big brother, he would not want them to worry, because his in the best place in the world.

So why do these things happen... again, the older I get, the less I understand. But one thing I do know is that the Lord God loves us beyond our wildest ideas of what His love could be for us. That He is perfecting us to be more like Jesus. And in order for that to happen, there are going to be tragic, painful, healing, joyful times.

If you could remember to send up prayers to Our Lord today, I would be happy to confirm them before the Lord... all that you ask for this family.

Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment