Friday, December 25, 2009

Twas the Night Before Christmas


Growing up in Michigan and being the child of a single Mom, meant that my sister and I would spend a lot of time with our Grandparents on their farm in Lupton, Michigan.

I especially remember one Christmas where my Grandpa got my sister and I all worked up over Santa's arrival. Now back in the 70's there was a radio station in Flint Michigan that would give you periodic Santa sightings and when they announced the Santa was getting close to our area, Grandpa would hurry us off the bed.

But one memory that sticks in my mind and I still have no clue how it happen, was the morning of Christmas and we had opened our presents and eaten breakfast and then Grandpa wanted to show us what he found on the roof of the house. As we stood there in our pajamas and looked up... there to our astonishment, were sleigh and reindeer tracks!!!! Now mind you, it's Christmas, it's snowy and the roof is about 25 feet at it's highest point. Not to mention that Grandpa was in his 70's.

I've never found out how he did it, or maybe he didn't. Maybe there really is a Santa Claus and he really did visit us that night. Either way... I'm happy for the memory!

Here's to my Grandparents memory of making Christmas special,
Java Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment