Sunday, September 27, 2009

Well I Declare!

With all that went on while in Nashville with my oldest and I searching for the perfect home... I was shocked with flying from Nashville to Dallas because two events happen that my head is still spinning about!

The first thing that happen was while we were standing in line to go through security, I looked ahead in the line and saw someone who looked familiar. But still not quite sure how to place him and I then I looked at the lady he was standing with.... and EUREKA!!!!! It hit me, they are the couple from the TV show Can You Duet! This show started at the beginning of summer and it caught our eye one night while flipping through the channels. It was on CMT, which we usually don't watch but it was amazing, they would pick couples to audition and also at times split them up (if they were willing) to create the perfect Singing Duet, there were judges that also coached them and helped them perfect their singing and stage presents. It wasn't mean judging, but the customary country type judging. It was amazing to see the process and who went home and who advanced. But we became hooked.... every Saturday night we would watch. One of the couples that advanced to the finals was a husband and wife duet from Australia, called the O'Sheas. And as you're probably guessing, they were the couple that I met in the airport. Yes, I did cut up to the front to say "Hello", I didn't want to bother them, but did want to tell them how much we enjoyed their music. What I didn't expect was how wonderful they were and how they shook my hand and asked my name and wanted to talk, amazing. I walked back to my daughter and she said "Mom, I can't believe you did that, you never do things like that!"

But I decided not too long ago that I needed to take the bull by the horns. I'm starting to wish in my older age that I had taken more risks, asked more questions and shared more with others around me.

On to the second event... we boarded the plane and when we reached attitude and the seat belt sign went off, I headed to the little girls room. As I was making my way back to my seat, I realized I was trapped by the drink cart. So I went back to an empty seat that I saw a few rows back. There was a gentleman in the window seat and I said "Hi". He looked at me and told me that I looked familiar. I told him, "I have people say that alot to me". Then he looked at me again and I realized that he might think I was up to something. I quickly told him the drink cart was blocking me. And then we quickly became friends and I found out he was headed to Dallas for a Rodeo benefitting Autism. He went on to tell me about his two sons who have Autism. I shared some of my medical research knowledge and we compared notes. Then I asked him what he does for a living. And that's when I became shocked. He is Charlie Adams the drummer for Yanni. Now if you don't know Yanni... he's a famous pianist. After 30 minutes I realized my daughter probably thought I had fell in, so I headed back to my seat.

My husband has told me on several occasions, that you never know who you're going to meet and what role they will place in your life. And it's true, there are people I've met for just a moment and I still remember what they indented into my life by what they said or did. I hope that you remember someone like that today.


Oh and if you want to check our Charlie's site go to: CharlieAdams.org

Calling all Stars,
Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment