Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Horse of a Different Haircut...


This morning my oldest and I set out to Fallbrook to volunteer at a Theraputic Horse ranch. We go to brush the horses and basically just hang out with them.

This is Kjiel and he is an 18 yr. old Norwegian Fjord. This big guy has the funniest personality... and he's also a nibbler. The handlers just gave him an haircut and I think in the horse world that it's got to be the hippest cut ever! The mane is naturally that color, goof-ball me, thought they colored it that way!! Can you tell I pay for my highlights?



He loves to be brushed and my daughter and he have a sweet little bond.


It goes like this... you brush me, I nibble on your vest. I also don't know what's up with her belt buckle either, it's a turquoise/silver navajo style... but all the horses go right to it and check it out first thing.

And then there's Grand she's 15 yr. old Pony of America, what that means I have absolutely no clue, but it sure sounds impressive. She only liked a certain brush on her nose and she was so gentle.

Most of these horses are rescues. It's so nice to know that there are people who care about these horses in their old age. This beauties get the best care and to see them change a life of someone who gets to ride them is next to amazing.

I wonder if when I get old I'll have a favorite brush,
Until tomorrow,
Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment