Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hummer of a Day

Ever since I can remember, I've had a interest in birds. Now my Grandparents were big bird watchers and they spent a truck load of money to feed them, they even made a little bird sanctuary in the corner of the house so you could sit and watch them. And during winter they had many birds who stayed because of the abundance of food and shelter!!

So back when I was in fifth grade, I had to write a report for Mrs. Copeland's class and I picked the Hummingbird. I was nervous and in the world of sheltered little country girls I wasn't quite sure how to write a report, but once I started looking up birds to write about.... I found the Hummingbird. This creature interested me in so many ways and can still remember the excitement of finding out it's mannerism and habits.

So now that I'm in California, I have these little beauties around my house all the time. There's even a group of them that sit and rest on the electric lines and chatter away to each other.



I often wonder what a birds life is like....



I justed looked out and saw that the hummingbird feeder is empty and and little guy keeps going back to check it. I better get goin, daylights a wastin!

Wishing you a Hummer of a Day!
Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment