Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Day in L.A.

I don't know if you're familar with American Girl Dolls, but with my friend Kara visiting and our daughters being complete fans of the dolls, we decided to head to LA to visit and have lunch at the American Girl Doll store.


On the way we met many of traffic! Yuck!



But upon arrival we had the most delicious lunch at the American Girl Cafe and made many memories.



What's so cute about the Cafe is that the girls can bring their dolls and they have booster seats to sit in. And it was so fun to look around and see little girls having the time of their life.



Then after looking through the store... girls can go to the Doll Hair Salon and pick from a menu of hairstyles.


And ladies happily style the dolls hair for you.



I don't know about you, but my girls grew up with American Girl Dolls and my oldest read every book. They are a happy oasis where girls can learn values in a world that blasts them with sex and growing up too fast. I was proud that my 19 year old still holds such happy memories when her doll was her world and she came alive through books. And even though she had to pull her out of moth balls to take her she did. I hope the little girls around saw and were encouraged that they too... don't have to ever stop loving their dolls.



Have a super weekend!
Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment