Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Who Can It Be..


Ana, that's who. She's my high school chum and if it wasn't for Facebook and it's amazing match up skills.... I would have not had lunch with one of my dearest friends from my high school days. The last time I saw her was 26 year ago!


I can't even describe today as I waited for Ana to arrive. I was nervous, excited and anxious all in one and when I got a look at her sweet face all these memories came flooding back. She was one of the kindess, smartest and sweet girl's I knew and she was steady like a stream... and even after today she is all that and more!



While at the Tartine restaurant we ate, laughed, looked at the year books and remembered. She could recall things I didn't remember and visa versa, the time sitting and talking was overwhelming, like being transported back in time. A time when peer pressure wasn't that bad and students really did except you the way you were... at least at our school.

As we ended our day on Facebook and trying to figure out if the face in the yearbook matched up with the face on the screen, we laughed and squinted and then got distracted by Patrick who looks like he ended up in LA and is an actor...maybe, we'll see if he answers my daunting question I left on Facebook for him, reminding him of our Senior play. I'll keep you posted on that one!

So I end my day with a challenge to you... make sure you live the life God's given you to the absolute fullest and if you encounter bumps along the way, just keep riding on because it only gets better.

Go Rebels,
Java Girl

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the incredible time of reminiscing and catching up on 26 years. It was so nice to see you and hear about your life and how God has blessed you and allowed you to be challenged and yet to see how you have overcome and prevailed. You are truly an inspiration to me and I'm so thankful for our friendship and I pray that God will bless it abundantly.
    Thanks for your kind words in your blog. It's an honor and priviledge to call you my friend.
    Blessings and I can't wait to see you again.
    Love,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete