Thursday, July 9, 2009

Top Notch Day

Have you ever had a day that was just top notch. I mean you know the days that just surprise you at how sudden and how special something can come your way. Well that's how I felt today but it wasn't for me it was for my oldest Daughter!

She has had a struggle with her health since a fall when she was 6 years old. And some doctors are suggesting that she may have broken her back along with a severe neck injury, but the doctors were focusing on the neck so the back injury was missed. Not that that was enough but at age 13 a migraine can to take up house in her head and has never left.... no never, she lives with a constant migraine all the time, everyday. The doctors are saying it's caused by her jaw and she's getting care for that but progress is slow and painful. She's amazing and I have been so mad with God at times for making her go through this ordeal. All I've ever wanted is for the pain to stop, I want my first born back...the girl who never got to go to prom or go on a date. The beautiful creature that God gave my husband and I. The girl that I see in her room reading her bible and having the very courage to live out every word she reads.

As I was saying today was a regular day and we were headed to the physical therapist when I got a wild hair to take my daughter over to the ranch that she's been looking at to start riding horses. Yes, she's feeling well enough to consider this feat. She's always loved horses and after a trip to Arizona and the purchase of one turquoise belt buckle and one pair of cowboy boots, she found her identity. So back to the story... as we were driving around to see where the ranch was, we couldn't find it. So we turned down this road that had houses with horse barns and corrals on their property. When we realized that we needed help, there was a man on the side of the road who was getting his mail. I stopped and asked him if he knew where the ranch was and he rumbled off a couple places and then he said, "hold on, let me go get my wife." So we waited and I saw this little sweet women come walking out of the house like she was going to a fire. She was on task and once she reached our truck she had several questions directed our way. She was rough and her husband was sweet, you know the combination. Her husband asked if my daughter wanted to meet one of their horses and my girl didn't have to be asked twice. She was beyond herself standing next to that horse and caressing her mane, the feeling that I had inside when I looked at her and realized that she was living her life instead of her life living her. I wanted to hug the little friend that had so many questions and couldn't do enough to help. I suddenly wanted to put her on my Christmas list and send her an edible bouquet that she could share with the horse. The gratitude was too much!

So after about 15 minutes I realized we must leave and then my little friend and her husband said that they wanted my daughter to come back! I couldn't believe it! They were inviting her to come back and spend time with the horse which is exactly what she wanted. Who would have guessed that such big hearts lived in such a little house.

My girl has needed this, something that wanted her to come back, that told her that she matters and that doesn't identify her as a sick person, but a young women who loves horses and just wants to spend time learning how to care and ride well. I feel now like we're moving forward, that there's a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. And my heart feels light and I feel thankful to my God that I love so much, that He sent my girl a day that filled her with the most joy that I've seen in a long time.


Wishing you the best Friday...
Java Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment